Growth In Ontario
Manufacturing East Corporate Center
P.O. Box 3060
Sarnia, ON N7T 8C1
We are moving forward with two significant projects for our Ontario operations involving a capital investment of approximately $2 billion CAN. With these projects, we are not only expanding our Sarnia-Lambton asset base and improving our competitiveness, but we are also bringing new technology to Ontario, growing manufacturing exports and strengthening the area’s long-term economic viability.
Information about business at NOVA Chemicals during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak.
New Polyethylene Facility
A second Advanced SCLAIRTECHTM technology facility (AST2) will be located at the new Rokeby Site, adjacent to our Corunna Site. With a capacity of approximately one billion pounds of polyethylene per year, the facility will allow us to continue to grow our polyethylene business in high performance applications and will provide greater supply reliability for our customers. Construction is underway with start-up targeted for late 2021.
Corunna Cracker Expansion (Phase 3)
This project is linked to the new polyethylene facility as it will provide ethylene feedstock. The expansion will increase the existing unit’s current ethylene capacity by more than 50%, up to the rate currently approved by regulators. Expected completion is targeted for late 2021.
Construction is underway at the new Rokeby Site. For a snapshot of our expected schedule and progress so far, please follow the links below:
- Project Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Making Growth Happen – Project Progress Fact Sheet – 2019 (PDF)
- Equipment Delivery Notification – October 2019 (PDF)
- Equipment Delivery Notification – December 2019 (PDF)
- Construction Newsletter – June 2018 (PDF)
- Construction Newsletter – July 2018 (PDF)
- Construction Newsletter – September 2018 (PDF)
- Construction Newsletter – October 2018 (PDF)
- Construction Newsletter – November 2018 (PDF)
- Construction Newsletter – December 2018 (PDF)
- Construction Newsletter – February 2019 (PDF)
- Construction Newsletter – March 2019 (PDF)
- Construction Newsletter – April 2019 (PDF)
- Construction Newsletter – June 2019 (PDF)
- Construction Newsletter – July 2019 (PDF)
- Construction Newsletter – August 2019 (PDF)
- Construction Newsletter – September 2019 (PDF)
- Construction Newsletter – November 2019 (PDF)
- Construction Newsletter – January 2020 (PDF)
- Construction Newsletter – February 2020 (PDF)
- Construction Newsletter – March 2020 (PDF)
- Equipment Delivery Notification – April 2020
- Construction Newsletter – August 2020 (PDF)
Being a good neighbour in our community is an important goal for us at NOVA Chemicals. With construction of our growth projects ramping up, our desire to achieve this goal is stronger than ever. Our Good Neighbour Program establishes our specific commitments and actions to manage the impact of our construction activities. We and our contractors are all committed to strategies that proactively consider impacts and opportunities for stakeholders and build positive community relations.
I’m interested in employment – how do I find out about opportunities related to growth in Ontario?
Click here to learn more about construction and permanent employment projections. Please note we do not accept unsolicited resumes.
I’m a business owner in Sarnia-Lambton – how do I share my offerings with your workforce?
We’re excited to be expanding our St. Clair Township operations, and as part of our Good Neighbour commitments, we want to create opportunities to connect our construction workforce with local businesses in the area. The FindIt Lambton app, sponsored by us, is our way of making that happen.
From food and beverage services, to rental accommodations, retail, entertainment and more, it’s a one-stop shop for any person with the app to find what they need in Lambton County. For more information and to register your business, please visit finditlambton.ca.
The FindIt Lambton app is available for download on Google Play and Apple’s App Store.
I want to be a commercial customer or supplier to NOVA Chemicals – how do I share my services with NOVA Chemicals?
If you would like to do business with NOVA Chemicals or if you have a product or service you would like to share, please contact Technical Purchasing at email@example.com.
We are committed to Responsible Care and sustainability in our daily operations and growth plans. As part of this commitment, community outreach is important to us. We make concerted efforts to understand and respond to questions and concerns, and seek input about our plans and operations through public consultation and communication.
We value your input and suggestions. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org