High Pressure Tubular Technology
Visit our Resin Families page for more information on our NOVAPOL resins and Markets & Applications.
High-pressure tubular technology employs variable temperature organic peroxide initiators fed in at various reactor points, combined with multiple chain transfer agents, to manufacture NOVAPOL® LDPE products in the density range of 0.916 – 0.924 g/cm3 and wide Melt Index ranges of 0.25 to 40 g/10 min.
- Blending applications with LLDPE, mulitlayer packaging for food applications - snack pouches, stand-up pouches, frozen food packaging
- Heavy-duty sack applications - potting soil, insulation, industrial packaging, pet food bags
- Collation shrink film - cans, water bottles, juices
- Cast film - bakery film, frozen food packaging, kitchen cling wrap
- Protective packaging foam (e.g., electronics, furniture edge protection)
- Other foam (e.g., gaskets, orthotics, toys, pool noodles, foam shapes and profiles)
- Thin LDPE coatings on paper, foil, etc. - sugar packages, juice boxes, institutional french-fry bags
- Industrial coatings - coating on woven substrates for tarpaulins, lumber wrap, etc.
Caps and Closures
- Tamper evident closures, bottle caps and closures
- Wire and cable, tubing, general purpose injection-molded articles
Melt Index vs. Density
Molecular Weight Distribution vs. Density