Health, Hygiene & Occupational Safety
Health & Wellness
In addition to operating our facilities safely each day, we are committed to ensuring the health and well-being of our employees both on and off the job.
Our Occupational Health and Wellness Industrial Hygiene programs:
• Assess employee fitness-to-work, to ensure workers are capable of doing their jobs without harm to themselves or to others
• Promote awareness about health risk factors, both on and off the job, through Health Risk Assessments and screenings ,Wellness promotion programs and communications
• Provide training and information about office and industrial ergonomics, reproductive and developmental health, hearing conservation, fatigue counter measures, and respiratory protection
• Comprehensive Disability Management program to insure that our employees return to work healthy and safe.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory and industry codes and practices
• Protect workers and neighboring communities by assessing, evaluating and controlling any chemical, biological or physical health hazards in the workplace
• Measure our progress to ensure continual improvement in every dimension of employee health and wellness
At NOVA Chemicals, Industrial Hygiene programs anticipate, recognize, evaluate and control chemical, physical and biological hazards in the workplace.
Chemical management and hazard communications programs, worker training, performance of worker exposure assessments, implementation of engineering control solutions and the use of personal protective equipment are integrated to minimize these hazards.
These programs are in place to maintain a healthy workplace and protect employees, contractors and members of the community living near NOVA Chemicals facilities from the risk of developing a workplace related illness.
Keeping Employees and Contractors Safe
NOVA Chemicals operates on the premise that all work-related illnesses and injuries can be prevented.
Our occupational safety and health programs are designed to protect employees and contractors from both immediate on-the-job and long-term health risks. As the foundation for these efforts, NOVA Chemicals strives to foster a culture in which all workers are responsible for maintaining the workplace health and safety of their fellow employees.